Service & Operations Representative: Lawn & Sports Division
Grass Roots, Inc.
COMPANY INFO: Grass Roots, Inc. is a service-oriented distributor of Turfgrass maintenance supplies
including pesticides, fertilizers, seed, adjuvants, top-dressings, and hard goods. The Lawn & Sports Turf
Division caters to the landscape and sports turf markets and has a strong presence in both. The Golf
Division of Grass Roots caters to the golf market.
DUTIES: Assist in the operation of the Lawn & Sports Turf Division including:
● Answer phones to accept and process orders.
● Operate forklift at warehouse in shipping & receiving.
● Prepare orders for fulfillment
● Complete deliveries in company box truck and/or van
● Monitor inventory and alert appropriate personnel when products are low.
● Provide quality service by following organization standards.
● Maintain a safe and clean work environment by keeping shelves, walk-up
counter, and workstations neat; maintain clean shipping/receiving area; comply
with procedures and rules.
Assist in Sales of the Lawn & Sports Turf Division including:
● Attend local trade shows promoting Grass Roots
● Handle “store front” sales to walk-up customers
● Consult turf managers on agronomic problems
● Perform light on the road sales in the Tri-State area
● Work week includes every third Saturday (half day) April – June and September -
October (with emergency “on-call” October – March, July/August).
● Work with the Golf Division to maximize shared resources and opportunities.
● Position reports to Lawn & Sports Turf Division Manager.
Competitive Salary, 11 paid Holidays, Paid Vacation (1 week First Year, 2 weeks each Year Thereafter and
every 4 years an additional vacation day is added.), Medical and Dental, Profit Sharing Plan (beginning in
Year Two), 401K Plan with 4% Match, Bonuses, Company Vehicle, Cell Phone Reimbursement & Expense
Account (AMEX), Association Dues, Costs incurred in attaining and maintaining Pesticide Licenses,
Annual Raises based on Performance
CONTACT: Gene Huelster, Division Manager (Gene.Huelster@griturf.com)
DEADLINE: When Filled
Grass Roots Turf Products, Inc.
4 Middlebury Blvd., Suite 7, Randolph NJ 07869
PO Box 336, Mt. Freedom NJ 07970