APPLICATION & REQUIREMENTS
2022 Scholarship Application
Applications are due by 11:59 PM on Monday, June 20, 2022.
Only open to GCSANJ members, their spouse, and/or their children pursuing a post-high school degree or certificate. Students enrolled or planning to enroll in an accredited trade school, 2-year college/university, 4-year college/university, or graduate degree program are eligible to apply.
Each applicant will be evaluated on the following criteria:
• Prior Academic Performance
• Extra-Curricular Activities
• Letters of Recommendation
• Essay Answers (New format for 2022; please read carefully)
Again, this year, the GCSANJ Foundation will be using a scoring system that puts extra emphasis on the applicant’s answers to the essay questions. Please take time to answer each question thoughtfully and thoroughly. Also, applicants will be scored against other applicants at the same education level, for a top prize in each category. (ie. HS seniors will only be scored against other HS seniors applying. College undergrad students will be judged versus other college undergrad students, etc.) The scoring committee will be comprised of current and past golf course superintendents, PhDs, and industry professionals.
• John Anderson Scholarship for the top college undergrad applicant - $2,500
• Ed Casey Scholarship for the top high school senior applicant - $2,500
• Jim McNally Scholarship for the top college graduate student applicant -$2,500
• John Farrell Scholarship for the top trade school applicant - $2,000
• The GCSANJ Presidents Scholarship and The GCSANJ Foundation Scholarships – numerous available and will be awarded across all categories based on final application scores.
• Additional $500 scholarship to the TOP OVERALL SCORE across all categories.
When providing transcript information, please provide at least the three most recent semesters that the applicant has completed.
A minimum of two letters of recommendation from current or past employers, teachers, and/or advisors is required. Only one personal letter of recommendation may be submitted.
Incomplete or late applications will not be accepted.
Bonus Points: Available to any applicant pursuing any degree in Turfgrass Science. Please download the “Turf Student Recommendation Form” and have it completed by your advisor/teacher and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Failure to complete this section will result in the applicant not receiving bonus points for being a turf student.
The form is located at www.gcsanj.org/scholarship
To Apply – Complete the application below and be sure to attach transcript information and letters of recommendation as well. If uploading information does not work, please email them to email@example.com or mail them to (postmarked by the application deadline):
GCSANJ Foundation Scholarship
PO Box 301
Pluckemin, NJ 07978
Contact Maureen Sharples at GCSANJ Headquarters – (973) 812-0710 or firstname.lastname@example.org.